Chemical Formula: (K,Cs)Al4Be4(B,Be)12O28
Mineral for Display: No
|Long Waves (365nm): || Yellow ||Short Waves (254 nm): || Yellow ||Strong|
|Other colors LW: || |
Yellowish White ,
|Other colors SW: || |
Orangy yellow ,
Phosphorescence (in the common meaning of the term) seen by naked eye:
In association with red tourmaline in Madagascar;
Main Activator(s) and spectrum:
Most Common Activator: Mn2+
No spectrum for the moment
Comments on activators and spectra:
Activator Mn2+ replacing Al3+ octaedric??
Best Locality for luminescence(*):
- Manjaka Mine, Mount Bity (Ibity), Madagascar;
- Anjanabonoina, Madagascar (fluo bright orange SW and weak white LW);
- Antandrokomby pegmatite, Manandona Valley, Sahatany Pegmatite Field, Vakinankaratra Region, Antananarivo Province, Madagascar (orange SW);
- Tetezantsio-Andoabatokely Pegmatite Field, Andrembesoa Commune, Betafo District, Vakinankaratra Region, Antananarivo Province, Madagascar (associated with tourmaline);
(*)Data are not exhaustive and are limited to the most important localities for fluorescence
Bibliographical Reference for luminescence:
- The Henkel Glossary of Fluorescent Minerals, Dr. Gerhard Henkel, Published by the FMS, 1989 ,
- Fluorescence: Gems and Minerals Under Ultraviolet Light, Manuel Robbins, 1994, Geoscience Press, ISBN 0-945005-13-X ,
- Luminescent Spectra of Minerals, Boris S. Gorobets and Alexandre A. Rogojine, Moscow, 2002 ,
Mineralogical Reference on internet:
Search on Internet:
Search for images on 'Google Image'
Search for documents in English on Google
Search for documents in any languages on Google
Search on Wikipédia
While all due attention has been paid to the implementation of the database, it may contain errors and/or accidental omissions. By nature, the database will always be incomplete because science always evolves according to new analysis.
A request providing no result means only that no such reference exists in the database, but it does not mean that what you are looking for does not exist, just not to our knowledge. If you think you have found an error or omission, please let us know via the contact page
being sure to cite the source of information.