Chemical Formula: K2(Ca,Y)10-11(Si12O30)(Si2O7)(OH)2F2
Crystal System: Triclinic
Mineral for Display: No
|Long Waves (365nm): || Yellowish White ||Short Waves (254 nm): || Yellow |
Phosphorescence (in the common meaning of the term) seen by naked eye:
Miserite from Mont St hilaire does apparently not fluoresce.
No info about fluorescence of Miserite from Kipawa alkaline complex, Les Lacs-du-Témiscamingue, Témiscamingue RCM, Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Québec, Canada.
Main Activator(s) and spectrum:
Best Locality for luminescence(*):
- Darai-Pioz Glacier (Dara-i-Pioz; Dara-Pioz), Alai Range (Alayskiy), Tien Shan Mtn, Region of Republican Subordination, Tajikistan;
- Vanadium mine at Wilson Hot Springs near Magnet Cove, Arkansas, USA (Bright lemon-yellow SW associated with wollastonite (or pectolite?) fl.orange SW));
- North Wilson pit, Union Carbide Mine, Wilson Springs (Potash Sulfur Springs), Garland Co., Arkansas, USA (yellowish-white SW);
(*)Data are not exhaustive and are limited to the most important localities for fluorescence
Bibliographical Reference for luminescence:
- The Henkel Glossary of Fluorescent Minerals, Dr. Gerhard Henkel, Published by the FMS, 1989 ,
- Fluorescence: Gems and Minerals Under Ultraviolet Light, Manuel Robbins, 1994, Geoscience Press, ISBN 0-945005-13-X ,
Luminescence Reference on internet:
Mineralogical Reference on internet:
Search on Internet:
Search for images on 'Google Image'
Search for documents in English on Google
Search for documents in any languages on Google
Search on Wikipédia
While all due attention has been paid to the implementation of the database, it may contain errors and/or accidental omissions. By nature, the database will always be incomplete because science always evolves according to new analysis.
A request providing no result means only that no such reference exists in the database, but it does not mean that what you are looking for does not exist, just not to our knowledge. If you think you have found an error or omission, please let us know via the contact page
being sure to cite the source of information.