Chemical Formula: (Mg,Fe+2)5(SiO4)2(F,OH)2
Mineral for Display: No
|Long Waves (365nm): || Yellowish ||Very weak||Short Waves (254 nm): || Yellow ||Strong|
Short Waves Pictures (254nm)
Col. G.Barmarin; Photo: G. Barmarin
Galerie de photos:
To the gallery (7 images in the gallery)
Phosphorescence (in the common meaning of the term) seen by naked eye:
Facilement confondable avec la NORBERGITE qui lui est visuellement très similaire.
Main Activator(s) and spectrum:
Most Common Activator:
Peaks in the spectrum (nm):
Broad band peaking at 561nm with shoulders at 525nm, 597nm, 650nm
Col. G. Barmarin; Spectre: G. Barmarin
Best Locality for luminescence(*):
- Langban, Varmland Province, Sweden;
- Skräbböle quarry, Pargas (Parainen), Southwestern Finland Region, Finland (bright yellow SW);
- Edison-Bodnar Quarries, Franklin Marble Belt, Rudeville, Hardyston Township, Sussex Co., New Jersey, USA;
- Fowler Quarry (Nicoll Quarry; Nicols Quarry; Cellate Quarry), Franklin Marble, Franklin, Franklin Mining District, Sussex Co., New Jersey, USA;
(*)Data are not exhaustive and are limited to the most important localities for fluorescence
Bibliographical Reference for luminescence:
- Collecting Fluorescent Minerals, Stuart Schneider, Schiffer Publishing, 2004, ISBN 0-7643-2091-2 ,
- Luminescence Spectroscopy of Minerals and Materials, M. Gaft, R. Reisfeld, G. Panczer, Springer Editor, ISBN: 10 3-540-21918-8 ,
Luminescence Reference on internet:
Mineralogical Reference on internet:
Search on Internet:
Search for images on 'Google Image'
Search for documents in English on Google
Search for documents in any languages on Google
Search on Wikipédia
While all due attention has been paid to the implementation of the database, it may contain errors and/or accidental omissions. By nature, the database will always be incomplete because science always evolves according to new analysis.
A request providing no result means only that no such reference exists in the database, but it does not mean that what you are looking for does not exist, just not to our knowledge. If you think you have found an error or omission, please let us know via the contact page
being sure to cite the source of information.