Chemical Formula: Na6Ca2Al6Si6O24(CO3)2
Crystal System: Hexagonal
Mineral for Display: No
|Long Waves (365nm): || Yellowish White ||Short Waves (254 nm): || Orangy yellow |
|Other colors LW: || |
Dark Orange /Tawn , Tawn ,
|Other colors SW: || |
Dark Orange /Tawn , Tawn , Green ,
Phosphorescence (in the common meaning of the term) seen by naked eye:
A complex mineral, a sodium alumino-silicate oxide carbonate sulfate hydrate, is reported from the Alluaiv region of the Lovozero massif, Russia. It is reported to occur in pockets to 15mm, and to be transparent with a bright lilac color. Fl. is bright yellow, but the UV band is not stated. The cancrinite group.
Main Activator(s) and spectrum:
Best Locality for luminescence(*):
- Alluaiv region, Lovozero massif, Russia;
- Kukisvumchorr Mt, Khibiny Massif, Kola Peninsula, Murmanskaja Oblast, Northern Region, Russia (Bright yellow);
- Flat Rapids, Bigwood, Ontario, Canada (dull brown SW);
- Dennis Hill locality, Litchfield, Kennebec Co., Maine, USA (albite weak SW associated with cancrinite SW green, zircon SW yellow);
- Point of Rocks Quarry, Point of Rocks Mesa, Springer, Colfax Co., New Mexico, USA (orange SW);
(*)Data are not exhaustive and are limited to the most important localities for fluorescence
Bibliographical Reference for luminescence:
Luminescence Reference on internet:
Mineralogical Reference on internet:
Search on Internet:
Search for images on 'Google Image'
Search for documents in English on Google
Search for documents in any languages on Google
Search on Wikipédia
While all due attention has been paid to the implementation of the database, it may contain errors and/or accidental omissions. By nature, the database will always be incomplete because science always evolves according to new analysis.
A request providing no result means only that no such reference exists in the database, but it does not mean that what you are looking for does not exist, just not to our knowledge. If you think you have found an error or omission, please let us know via the contact page
being sure to cite the source of information.